Ways to Give
There are multiple ways to support the work of the Homeless Action Center. HAC is a nonprofit organization and all donations are tax-deductible!
- Make a secure online donation. Click here!
- Make a donation by mailing your check to:
Homeless Action Center
3126 Shattuck Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94705
- Make a gift through your employer’s workplace campaign. Some of these campaigns are through United Way.
- Find out if your employer will match your gift to HAC. Many Bay Area companies have matching gift programs. Check with your Human Resources department.
- Make a gift of securities or stock. For more information, contact Stephanie Maurer, Development Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Take advantage of one of the multiple ways to remember the Homeless Action Center in your estate plans. The most common are to designate a percentage gift or a specific dollar gift in your will, retirement account, life insurance policy or living trust. Contact Stephanie Maurer, Development Director, at email@example.com for more information.
- Shop Amazon Smile. If you already shop on Amazon, you can earn money for HAC. Start your shopping at amazon.com. Sign in and select Alameda County Homeless Action Center as your charity. Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases. AmazonSmile is identical to regular Amazon. Same products, same prices, same service.
- Tell your friends, family and colleagues about HAC. Speak on our behalf at community meetings.
- Ask your local newspaper or news outlet to feature HAC in a story.
- Consider HAC for a Cy Pres Award. The Homeless Action Center may be an appropriate recipient of cy pres or residual class action funds.